This Code of Conduct outlines the standards of behaviour expected of members of the Jovian community.
We value the participation of each member of the Jovian community and want all participants to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Unprofessional or unacceptable behaviour in other public settings may create a hostile environment for members of our community participating in this forum. All Jovian community participants are expected to show respect and courtesy to others, across our online forums, social media channels, support network, user groups, events, and other gatherings–regardless of whether or not they are officially sponsored by Jovian, and whether they take place in person or online.
We expect these guidelines to be followed by all community members, including Jovian employees, customers, partners, user group organizers and attendees, and other event participants.
- Be respectful: Jovian is dedicated to providing a harassment-free community for everyone, regardless of knowledge or experience, gender identity, orientation, ability, appearance, body type, race, ethnicity, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment in any form.
- Be considerate: Communication within our community should be appropriate for general audiences, including people of many different backgrounds, experiences, and beliefs. Sexual or discriminatory language and imagery are not appropriate within any Jovian online forum, conference talk, Jovian User Group, or Jovian event.
At the sole discretion of Jovian, community members violating these rules may face consequences including, but not limited to, removal from online forums, conferences, or events, and may even be banned from future Jovian.ml events.
Thank you for helping make this a welcoming and friendly community for all.
Forum Participation Guidelines
When posting on the Jovian community forums, please use the following guidelines:
- Be specific: Avoid asking off-topic questions in existing discussion threads whenever possible. Staff and peers can answer your questions in a better manner if you start your own discussion with details relevant to your question.
- Be patient: Many community members are volunteers and it may take some time to get a response to your question.
- Be collaborative: Share your experience and help the community grow. We encourage you to keep conversations on our public forums (rather than offline in a private email or by linking to an outside forum) so that the whole community can benefit from the exchange of knowledge.
- Do not share sensitive or confidential information: Forum posts are publicly available and should not include any individual’s or organization’s sensitive or confidential details. If you need support that will require you to share confidential information about your company, you should contact our support team at email@example.com.
This Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Jovian and the terms are non-negotiable. Your participation in the community indicates your agreement to abide by this policy and its terms.
If you see any violations of the above or have any other concerns, please report it using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.