Role: Data Scientist
Company: Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute
Location: Arlington, VA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- BA/BS degree (MS preferred) in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or Engineering with a strong emphasis on statistical programming.
- At least two-years of professional experience in the data analytics, machine learning modeling or quantitative modeling.
- Practical knowledge and experience in applied statistics (e.g., Bayesian Methods of Probabilistic Programming in a scale).
- Experience in developing advanced predictive or generative models on unstructured complex real-world data sets that have noises and errors inherently.
- Work experience relevant to consumer product industry including, Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) is a plus.
- Proven hands-on skills in either of programming languages: python, R, Scala, Julia, etc. with a focus on in-depth data analysis, data manipulation (ETL), modeling, and testing by using open-source tools/packages.
- Professional experience in Machine Learning Model assessments and evaluations with open-source tools.
- Hands-on skills in database (SQL and no-SQLs) or data APIs (REST and GraphQL) are required.
- Familiarity with both MS-Windows and Linux environment for development and test.