What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help you land your next job. On top of that, we’re built around aligned incentives. You only pay if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first.
Everyday we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for sharp, scrappy and fun individuals who are ready to jump in (head first) into a new role with us. We are a small team and we love working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the job of their dreams! If this sounds like something you’d be interested in we want to talk to you.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
In this role, you will create a framework for how we utilize our own data. If you are someone comfortable with qualitative data and can see the amazing potential we have to be a forerunner in this new job seekers market then this could be the perfect role for you.
In order to be effective in this role, you must have a genuine interest in education and technology. Since you will be involved in all phases of coursework from research, development, design and feedback we are looking for someone who is not only passionate but also in love with our Mission of “uplifting undervalued students and tech professional in their early careers.”
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data science and education, who is entrepreneurial and wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s helping the next generation of data scientists!
- 0-3 years in data science
- Excellent communication skills, ability to understand customer needs and provide valuable recommendations
- Strong Python and SQL skills
- Able to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Familiar with key data engineering concepts
- Experience with data visualization
Benefits and perks
- Great health, dental and vision benefits
- Free daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuting costs covered
- Flexible PTO
- Ability to grow in your career and make a difference to individuals and society
What you will do outside of core data science
- Review industry evaluations and handle admissions conversations with potential fellows
- Contribute to curriculum and teaching sessions and workshops
- Handle fellow queries for job search support and interview practice