Data Service Software and Systems Engineer
Location: Darmstadt, Hesse, Germany
A University degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science (Business), Software Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience gained in a Service Delivery role, preferably working with cloud based IT services in an operational and user oriented environment.
Skills and Experience:
• Software Development or System Engineering Background;
• Proven experience in the specification, development, verification, validation and maintenance of operational software systems and services, preferably for data access and distribution software systems;
• Applied knowledge of formal system & service development, verification and validation standards using C/C++, java, scripting, web services in a Unix/Linux environment, based on recognized standards and best practices (e.g. ITIL);
• Experience of high availability (HA) design concepts and/or cloud technologies would be an advantage;
• Excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills, pro-active attitude;
• Ability to work autonomously with a minimum of supervision under high workloads.