Error in selenium+chromedriver for Web Crawler on JOVIAN

I managed to use selenium package along with chromedriver to control chrome locally, as I can put chromedriver executable in the path.

But on Jovian, I do not know where to put chromedriver, which should be in

'/opt/conda/bin'

to make it work for Jovian. Otherwise, I will see the error message:

WebDriverException: Message: 'chromedriver' executable needs to be in PATH. Please see https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/home

Does anybody know how to nail it?

Thank you!

You can put the “chromedriver” file directly next to the file with python code (or anywhere where you run the python scripts from).

You could also specify a path on your own: webdriver.Chrome("/path/to/chromedriver") (the above example uses default executable path “chromedriver”).

Thank you for the response. I think your suggestions work for the local coding, which is I used. But for Jovian, I guess there is no such file for python code on local disk?

It depends what kind of “jovian” you mean, because there could be binder, kaggle or colab.

Oh I missed this one. I am now using binder.

You could download the driver with urllib.request.urlretrieve(), making sure it downloads into the directory where notebooks file is. Then just use Selenium.

I’m doubting this will work though. Selenium requires the browser to actually open up. I don’t know if it will work in any way in such environment (this could cause harm for anyone hosting jupyter notebook server if anyone was able to run executable files there).
Even if you would do it locally, it might not work, but I’m not sure about this.

TL;DR
Might not work, but you can check.