Infoblox is seeking an experienced Data Science Leader to join our Engineering team. The role is located in Tacoma, WA, and manages our global team of data scientists. The team works closely with product managers, other elements of Cyber Intelligence, and external engineering teams to build customer-facing, machine learning models and analytics for threat detection, and behavioral analysis, platform configuration, orchestration, and optimization.
You are a strong manager with a strategic planning experience and the ability to help scientists convert complex data problems into a series of concrete, value-added deliverables for customers. You can separate “interesting” from “useful”, create a strategic vision from that, and collaborate across organizational boundaries to achieve it. You manage the team’s activities in an Agile environment and manage to completion. Your experience in data analysis, feature engineering, and building analytic models ensures we are using best-in-class techniques and methodologies; your experience in management helps realize those techniques. You oversee model performance and KPIs through repeatable, defensible processes. You attract, develop, and retain a world-class team of scientists.
- Manage the global team of data scientists
- Create, maintain, and convey a shared vision for data science within the larger scope of the organization and the company
- Organize, lead, and participate in design sessions, backlog grooming, and sprint planning
- Develop, improve and experiment with cutting edge data science methodologies and algorithms
- Support and improve our suite of machine learning algorithms and analytic models
- Employ a data-driven approach to ensuring the success and outcomes of machine learning initiatives
- Perform code development, both individually and in cooperation with team members, test your code, and ship it to production
- 10+ years in a hands-on analytic environment, with the ability to articulate analytic needs and translate them into research and development requirements
- 10+ years experience in analytic design and implementation and using analytic tools
- 4 years of practical Machine Learning experience with demonstrated experience in feature engineering and data analysis
- 4 years experience in Big Data with Spark/Hadoop tech stack with an eye for performance and scale
- 5+ years in technical management with a proven record of leading data scientists, or researchers, to deliver practical solutions to complex, potentially long-running problems
- Expertise in automating and deploying models in production systems
- Familiar with best practices for engineering in an enterprise environment
- Proficient in Python, with specific expertise in Python’s data science and machine learning libraries
- Understanding of common software development practices around design, coding, and testing a large codebase
- Experience working with AWS cloud, GIT, JIRA, preferred
- Strong managerial expertise developing and mentoring direct reports
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Masters or PhD in mathematics, statistics, CS, CE, EE, or related disciplines
Perks: Work with a word class technology team in a rapidly growing company - Career path with opportunities to grow - Discretionary Paid Time Off policy to promote a healthy work/life balance - Newly remodeled office with state of the art amenities located in the heart of Tacoma, close to transportation and city life - Cross functional break room stocked with snacks and drinks - Assigned, dedicated personal workspace - And many, many more perks!
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours.