Fail on Question 1

Q2-Q10 PASS
Q1: FAIL
train.csv wasn’t loaded properly
AssertionError : ‘prices_df’ doesn’t have the expected number of rows & columns

According to my notebook, prices_df has 1460 rows and 81 columns
What did I do wrong?
Very frustrating !

Can you show how you loaded the dataset ?

prices_df = pd.read_csv('house-prices/train.csv')

I’ve looked through your notebook, and it seems that you drop the columns from prices_df while there shouldn’t be dropped any.

I know it sounds kinda contradictory, considering what you have to do later, but it seems they want the prices_df to have the full set of columns, while only the input_df should have those 2 columns removed.

The assignment evaluation is automated (you’ll receive pass grade pretty quickly if everything is ok), so the algorithm probably fails to recognize the correct actions here.

1 Like

Thanks Sebastian … passed ok after your help.
Onwards and Upwards

Q1: FAIL train.csv wasn’t loaded properly AssertionError : ‘prices_df’ doesn’t have the expected number of rows & columns

Could you please help me with Question 1? I have used the below commands to Load the data from the file train.csv into a Pandas data frame.

• prices_df = pd.read_csv(‘house-prices/train.csv’)

• prices_df

And the dataset contains 1460 rows × 81 columns. I am unable to figure out where did I go wrong. Can you please help me pass this question.

After you have run all cells check the shape of prices_df again. Is it still 1460 rows and 81 columns?

Nope. Its 1460 rows and 80 columns.

At the very end of the notebook , the prices_df should be 1460 rows and 81 columns. Don’t change the raw df in any way.

In my case it is 1460 Rows and 81 columns and I still get the same evaluation of FAIL for only the first question while all the other question are PASS

Below you can find the link to my assignment @birajde

Are you sure that the error is about incorrect dataframe shape?

I think this issue is resolved, you already got a PASS grade on your assignment.