Role: Principal AI Research Engineer
Company: Earth Species Project
Location: Remote (anywhere)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
We are open to traditional and non-traditional backgrounds.
Areas of expertise might include: unsupervised machine translation, self-supervised learning, multimodal learning, generative models, language models, natural language processing, geometric deep learning, linguistics, computational linguistics, bioacoustics, signal processing, data science, and information theory.
You may have led an academic or R&D team. You might play a musical instrument, or do long-distance running, enjoy teaching, wilderness trekking, or are an incredible parent. We’re excited about full human beings (and remain open to qualified non-primates).
Essential Personality Qualities
- A passion for the research areas of focus of the ESP team
- Should possess curiosity, integrity, reliability, and professionalism
- Must have a positive attitude
- Should have good interpersonal and teamwork skills: we are collaborative inside and outside our organization.
- A desire to advance the fields of conservation biology and artificial intelligence
- Track record of achieving results via publications, grants, fellowships, writings, or patents
- Enjoy explaining difficult concepts simply.