Problem commit notebooks

Hi community I don’t know why, but I can’t commit my progress. I do the commit, but the changes on the notebook doesn’t save.

How do you check if the changes have been saved?

After confirming, if you reopen the notebook, all the changes you made are supposed to be there. But that not the case at least for me.

What do you mean by reopen the notebook?

Did you commit it successfully? It might ask for an API key, which has to be provided in order to finish the commit.

Are you sure the notebook with the work isn’t stored? I see few notebooks on your profile, all of which seem to be from the same assignment.

Hey, make sure to save the notebook before committing. Normally notebooks are autosaved, but sometimes the autosave features fails you can save the notebook from Files -> save options at the top of the notebook. Commit the notebook after saving the changes.

With re open I mean commit, close the notebook and opened again. ’ I see few notebooks on your profile, all of which seem to be from the same assignment.’ I don’t know why that happens.

Thank you Birajde, I’ll do that

1 Like

I think you don’t specify a project argument in your commits, so it chooses a name based on notebook’s filename and some random string.

Try to add it to your commit calls.

1 Like

Thank you Sebastian, I’ll try to do that.