Role: Senior Data Scientist Consultant
Company: 1898 & Co.
Location: Kansas City, MO
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Engineering, Math, or related field from an accredited program required. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience
- Demonstrated application of analytics processing engines such as Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Storm
- Experience with a commercial analytics tooling such as SAS, SPSS.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as ThoughtSpot, Tableau or Power BI.
- Familiarity with the analytics stack from at least one cloud provider.
- Demonstrated application of data wrangling and supporting tools.
- Demonstrated application of statistical analytics and machine learning. Experience with a variety of machine learning algorithms and an understanding of the application of other algorithms.
- Experience with the domain of problems of an Electric Utility strongly preferred.
- Experience in utility analytics in a technology vendor or utility environment.
- Proficient in SQL, Python, Python data science libraries. Experience with R or other languages.
- An understanding of geospatial analytics preferred.
- Ability to work with team members and clients to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Desire to understand why things work the way they do.
- Related consulting experience preferred.
- Ability to present and explain technical concepts to business audiences.