Share Your Work Here - Assignment 2

Please share your work from Assignment 2 on this thread.

Share your Jupyter notebooks, blog posts, demo videos, etc. to get feedback on your work from the entire community, and you will also get to learn from all the other participants.

Reply to this thread to share what you’re working on. You can share the following:

• Jupyter notebooks hosted on Jovian.ml. Be sure to add a nice title and a helpful description of your work.
  • Blog posts or tutorials you have written as part of the assignments and course project (yes, you’ll be writing blog posts!)
  • Video demos or animations of your how your model is performing
  • Anything else you have created as part of this course, or otherwise.

Note: While commenting to others’ work, please be courteous, supportive and give constructive feedback to make this a positive learning environment for everyone.

8 Likes

Hi @aakashns, thank you for this awesome course! As I am following along the lectures, I am trying to create mental maps (roadmaps, if you will) of the course content we are learning. Do you know of any decent pre-existing visual maps for learning machine learning and/or PyTorch? Kindly ~ Avi

My study group’s WIP PyTorch learning roadmap: https://www.figma.com/file/nKBj5ChaxDbP8OTGudhIJz/roadmap-to-machine-learning-with-pytorch?node-id=0%3A1

10 Likes

Work in progress here, would love to get some feedback.

Have tried various batch sizes, epochs, and lrs. Can’t get below 37,000,000 .

13 Likes

MSE Loss would be good to use if your charges data was normalized. Based on the distribution of charges, there are definitely some points that are far out which makes MSE Loss not that optimal as a loss function.

16 Likes

Hi all, my work on assignment2, working on optional segment now hope to finish and write a blog post:

10 Likes

Wow, that makes a lot of sense now. Thank you!

1 Like

For Lecture 1, I used colab. This time I am using kaggle. I get this error for the first run. can u tell me what is wrong?

!pip install jovian --upgrade --quiet
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f3bdb72fa50>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’)’: /simple/jovian/

i think you have to enable internet, go to the right side menu for the settings and enable it.

1 Like

doesnt seem to work. i verified the internet for phone number after receiving the sms. That verify button didnt give me any output.

The colab works fine.

22 posts were merged into an existing topic: Share your work : June 1 - June 7

Hello everyone,
Here is the my second assignment link: Insurance linear regression

3 Likes

Greetings folks,
Here’s my working notebook : mynotebook .

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I completed the second assignment, available here: https://jovian.ai/benrallet/02-insurance-linear-regression
Happy to get some feedback or any suggestion how to improve my model
Thanks,
Benedicte

1 Like

Here is my notebook. Please let me know if you see some scope for improvement

1 Like

Hello everyone, here’s the notebook for second assignment : Second Assignment

1 Like

Hey guys, here’s my notebook. Lemme know if there’s anything more I could do to improve.

Insurace Linear Regression
The above one uses l2 norm.

Here’s an improvement on the Model thanks to @jae0143, it now has better results
New Linear Regression Model for Insurance Assignement (02)

2 Likes

Hey guys,

My Insurance Linear Regression notebook link. If you guys get a significantly better RMSE score or R-squared, please let me know what you did differently.

My RMS Loss : 23k (validation loss)
R-squared Value : 0.74

2 Likes

Hi fellow ML learners,

Here’s my submission for Assignment #2: Train your first model.

Details of the model are as follows:
Train size, value size: (1043, 228) 0.18
Batch size: 4
Loss function: l1_loss
Epoch, Learning rate: 1000 with variable learning rate (i.e. 1e-2, 1e-3, 1e-4, 1e-5, 1e-6)
Final value loss is ~7100.

Feedback on how to further improve my model is appreciated. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

This is my second assignment jupyter notebook.

1 Like